Community Payments Terms
Last updated: March 21, 2018
When you make Payments through BEPUPPY, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account.
1. Making Purchases
- Funding and spending. When you make a purchase using BEPUPPY, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument. When you have successfully completed this funding transaction, we will then transfer that value to BEPUPPY or to the Professional offering the content you wish to purchase.
- Pricing. Pay attention to the details of the transaction, because your total price may include taxes and fees, all of which you are responsible for funding.
- Extra terms. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before you confirm the transaction. Those additional terms will also govern that transaction.
- Subscriptions. If you purchase a Channel, a subscription to a Channel or to a feature within a Channel, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each subscription period. If a free trial period is offered and you do not cancel during the free trial period, you will be billed at the end of the free trial period and at the beginning of each subsequent subscription period.
- Fee. Professional users of BEPUPPY pay a 15% fee on subscriptions offered by them. This amount covers operational costs, payment support and payment processing.
- EU Right to Cancel. If you are in the EU, you consent to the performance of this contract for your purchase, and waive any Right to Cancel provided by the Consumer Rights Directive (2011/83/EU) or similar implementing regulations.
- No Warranties. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH BEPUPPY.
2. Donations and Pet Sponsorship
- Donation. When you make a donation using BEPUPPY, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument. When you have successfully completed this funding transaction, we will then transfer that value to Nonprofit.
- Sponsorhip. When you sponsor a pet using BEPUPPY, you agree to provide a valid funding instrument. When you have successfully completed this funding transaction, we will then transfer that value to Nonprofit.
- Recurrence. If you make a recurring Donation or a recurring Sponsorship, we will bill your funding instrument immediately, and then again at the beginning of each recurrence period.
- Operational Fee. Nonprofits that have been verified by BEPUPPY pay a 6% + 0.50€ fee on transactions of Donations and Sponsorship. This 6% + 0.50€ covers costs of nonprofit vetting, operational costs and payment support. While 94% of your proceeds go directly to your charity.
- No Warranties. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY DONATIONS OR SPONSORSHIPS MADE ON OR THROUGH BEPUPPY.
3. Payment Methods
- Funding instruments. We want to make payments through BEPUPPY convenient, so we allow you to fund your transactions using a number of different sources, like credit cards and debit cards, Paypal and other payment methods.
- Authority. When you provide a funding instrument to us, you confirm that you are permitted to use that funding instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize us (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount to the funding instrument you designate for the transaction. You also authorize us to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information.
- Authorization. If you pay by credit or debit card, we will bill your card at the time you load funds for your transaction, or shortly thereafter. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
- Failed funding. If you fund a payment by debit card and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee.
4. Actions We May Take
- At-will use. We may revoke your eligibility to make payments through BEPUPPY at any time at our sole discretion.
- Inquiries. By making payments through BEPUPPY, you acknowledge and agree that we may make any inquiries that we consider necessary, either directly or through third parties, concerning your identity and creditworthiness.
- Our right to cancel. We may cancel any transaction if we believe the transaction violates these Terms or our Terms and Conditions, or if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss. We may also cancel any electronic value accumulated, transferred, assigned, or sold as a result of fraudulent or illegal behavior.
- Payment limitations. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may place a delay on a payment for a period of time, or limit funding instruments for a transaction, or limit your ability to make a purchase, or deactivate your account.
- Sharing of information. In order to prevent financial loss to you or to us, we may contact your funding instrument issuer, law enforcement, or affected third parties (including other users) and share details of any payments you are associated with, if we believe doing so may prevent financial loss or a violation of law.
5. Disputes and Reversals
- No liability for spend transaction. If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the services you purchased, we have no liability for the services underlying the transaction.
- Duty to notify us. If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify us immediately, so that we may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all claims against us arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
- Intervention. We may intervene in disputes concerning payments that may arise between you and a Professional, but we have no obligation to do so.
- Technical difficulties. If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your funding transaction to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time.
6. Notices and Amendments to These Terms
- Notice to you. By making payments through BEPUPPY, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically any important information regarding your purchases or your account. We may also provide notices to you by posting them on our website, or by sending them to an email address or street address that you previously provided to us. Website and email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; notices by postal mail shall be considered received within three (3) business days of the time sent.
- Amendment guidelines. We may update these Payments Terms at any time without notice as we deem necessary to the full extent permitted by law. The Payments Terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
7. Additional Terms
- Conflict of terms. All of the commitments you make in the BEPUPPY Terms and Conditions apply to your payments through BEPUPPY. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Terms and Conditions of BEPUPPY, the Community Payments Terms shall prevail.
- Conflict of laws. Some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through BEPUPPY. Nothing in these Terms should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws.
- Courtesy translations. These Terms were written in Italian. To the extent any translated version of these terms conflicts with the Italian version, the Italian version controls.
- “Us”. Without limiting Section 7.1, above, the following entities “us,” “we,” “our,” or “BEPUPPY” refer to Marco Martinenghi.